Power outages are a possibility year-round, but with the winter storms hitting all across the US, it is wise to be prepared. Cascade Energy Services wants our customers to stay safe this winter. That often means having a plan in place before trouble hits. We offer mini-split heat pump maintenance, service, repair, and installation in Bothell. Here are some tips on what to do when the power goes out.
Think ahead of what you would need in the case of a power outage. Most people have flashlights but are they where they can be reached easily? Are the batteries fresh, and do you have extras? Having extra flashlights on hand is a good idea, especially if you have kids. They can have their own if there is a problem. Other things that you can do include:
- Keep candles and matches on hand, and make sure your candle holders are stable. Know where your fire extinguisher is located.
- Have an emergency power outage kit prepared. You could include water, battery operated radio, snacks, and a first aid kit.
- Determine whether it is an outage or a problem in your home. Check with neighbors to see if their power is out—report outages to your utility company.
- Turn off your appliances. Energy surges when the power comes back on can damage things like TVs and computers. The need for electricity all at once when everything comes back on can overload your system.
- Stay comfortable in your home. Have everyone stay in one room and keep hydrated. If necessary, be prepared to go where there is heat. Dress in layers.
- Install a standby generator.
We want all our customers to stay safe and warm during this frigid weather. If you need help with mini split heat pump maintenance, service, repair, and installation in Bothell, contact us at (425) 243-0371.