Gas logs need regular maintenance to work efficiently, but finding a qualified service professional can be difficult.
Home inspectors frequently recommend that sellers have gas logs cleaned and serviced. If your gas logs aren’t working properly, or if a home inspector has recommended service, ask us about Cascade Energy Services Maintenance Package.
Many of the problems found with malfunctioning gas logs and fireplaces can be directly attributed to the lack of proper maintenance. Most gas logs and fireplaces do not need to be serviced annually, but they do need to be serviced about every 3 to 5 years to ensure proper functionality.
Our maintenance package includes:
- Clean glass and inspect gasket on sealed combustion chamber fireplaces (direct-vent and B-vent)
- Ensure log placement is correct in order to prevent sooting
- Clean inside of the unit
- Clean burner orifices and air shutter to ensure proper flame presentation and fuel-air mixture
- Thoroughly clean pilot orifice for proper flame intensity
- Clean thermopile and thermocouple heads
- Clean all contacts and connections at the control valve
- Test thoroughly to ensure proper lighting
- Replace glowing ember beds with new embers
If your thermocouple or thermopile is faulty or broken, we will replace it for the cost of the part with no additional labor charge.
The maintenance package described above will fix most common problems with gas logs. If, however, there is a more extensive problem with your gas logs and the maintenance service does not work, we will give you a quote on repair but we will not charge you for the maintenance service.