When you purchase a heating and cooling system, it is a big investment. You want something that is not only efficient but will last. It is typical for HVAC systems to last for 15 to 25 years, but some factors can affect the life span. Cascade Energy Services has been supplying mini split heat pump maintenance, service, repair, and installation on Mercer Island for years. Here are some factors that can impact the life of your mini-split system:
- No maintenance – poor or little, maintenance can wear any heating system down much faster than expected.
- Defective components – routine inspections can catch this
- Wrong size unit for your home
- Improperly installed – use a reputable company like Cascade Energy Services
- Extremely high usage
- Improper usage – running the unit with the doors or windows open
- Corrosive locations – salty, coastal areas
Oversizing and inadequate maintenance are the two top reasons for problems with mini split heat pump systems. When you do not maintain your system regularly, the components wear out, and no one knows. Oversizing causes on-and-off cycling, which leads to the blower motor or compressor failure.
Preventative Maintenance Plan
When you schedule regular maintenance, small issues can be addressed before they develop into something more serious. Ductless mini-split systems last 10 – 30 years, which can be longer than other types of systems. They are very efficient and take up less space. Spring and fall are the best times to have your HVAC system serviced, but it is not too late if you haven’t done it this winter season.
For mini split heat pump maintenance, service, repair and installation on Mercer Island, you can depend on contact Cascade Energy Services at (425) 243-0371.