Anyone who spends any amount of time indoors knows the air can get stale and stuffy. Odors seem to stay around longer, and at times it can seem hard to breathe if the air quality is bad. Poor air quality and indoor pollutants can cause serious health issues. Asthma, allergies, and even pneumonia can be a result of pollutants in your air. If you have someone in your home with breathing issues or have a compromised immune system, you can have even more significant health concerns. At Cascade Energy Services, we provide winter mini-split heat pump tune-up and preventative maintenance in Bellevue. We would also like to share what you can do to improve the air quality in your home.
What are The Pollutants in a Home?
Understanding what causes indoor air pollution can also help you deal with it. Here are some of the more common causes of indoor pollution:
- Dust – Carpet fibers, dead skin cells, and dirt are all examples of dust. Not changing your HVAC filters can lead to an accumulation of dust. Dust contributes significantly to allergies.
- Moisture – Mold and mildew are a result of moisture building. Mold can be hazardous to your health in many ways. Mildew and dust mites can cause breathing issues.
- Combustion Products – Everybody uses them whether you realize it or now. Your furnace, dryer, and water heater that are gas-powered are all combustion products. CO2 can build up when there is no proper ventilation, and that can be deadly.
- Radon – Radon gas can be hidden beneath the surface of your house. You may never know it is there, but it can cause lung cancer.
- VOCs – Volatile organic compounds are a result of synthetic materials. They are emitted all the time from building materials and furniture. They come with a long list of health problems.
Not only can we supply winter mini-split heat pump tune-up and preventative maintenance in Bellevue, but HVAC maintenance as well. Give us a call to go over ways you can improve the air quality in your home. You can reach us at (425) 243-0371.