The comfort of your home is carried by the care and maintenance you put into your appliances. They keep your home comfortable for you throughout the year, regardless of the season. However, the time is now to invest in winter furnace tune-up & preventative maintenance near Mercer Island. Why? Because winter means cold, sometimes freezing temperatures, and your furnace’s main job is to keep you warm and cozy.
Unsure about your furnace’s health? Here are some signs that could spell trouble for your furnace:
- No heat. This is a “common sense” sign that means trouble.
- A strange, musky odor that doesn’t clear up after a few minutes of running your furnace. It’s normal to smell a dusty odor when you first turn your furnace on for the season, but it shouldn’t last more than a few minutes.
- Your carbon monoxide detector goes off.
- Banging or clanging sounds coming from your furnace when in use. It might sound like an overloaded washing machine.
- The furnace never stops running on high. It’s always on because it’s struggling to keep your home well-heated.
On average, your home furnace should last between fifteen and twenty years. That’s with good maintenance and preventative care. Of course, the longevity of your furnace depends on use, make and model, and age too.
Need a Replacement? Here’s How Long It Takes:
If your technician decides that your home needs a new furnace, it could take anywhere from four to ten hours to install a new one. The length of time an installation takes will depend on the type of furnace, size, and ease of access.
Get a Furnace Tune-Up Once Per Year!
We at Cascade Energy Services are savvy to the maintenance and care needs of your home’s appliances. When you need winter furnace tune-up & preventative maintenance near Mercer Island, give us a call at (425) 243-0371 to schedule an appointment.