Winter is in full swing in Washington, but it’s not too late to winterize your home if you haven’t done so. You want to keep your house warm and toasty and prevent problems. At Cascade Energy Services, we provide winter HVAC tune-up & preventive maintenance in Issaquah. We want to share some tips with you for winterizing your home.
- Clean the gutters – Make sure your gutters are clean and install gutter guards. You don’t want ice forming in your gutters and clogging things up.
- Check your pipes – Insulate pipes that are prone to freezing. When it gets frigid, let faucets drip. Open cupboard doors that have pipes under them at night or while away.
- Check seals – Look at seals around doors and windows and caulk any holes you find. Use weather stripping around air conditioners, doors, and windows.
- Set your thermostat – Keep your thermostat at 65 degrees, at least, even if you are going to be away.
- Fireproof – There are more residential fires in the winter. The holidays are an especially high-risk period. Make sure your smoke detectors are working correctly. Consider using “fake” candles instead of real ones.
- HVAC system check – You need to have your chimneys, HVAC systems, and furnaces checked at least once a year. The cleaner they are, the better they function. Inspections mean catching small problems before they turn into bigger ones.
- Prepare for travel – If you will be traveling during the winter for any length of time, have your water shut off. If you are gone most of the winter, you may want to have your plumbing system drained.
If you need winter HVAC tune-up & preventive maintenance in Issaquah, contact Cascade Energy Services at (425) 243-0371.
Great experience with CES for furnace and AC install. Bill is a great communicator and gives frank expert advice. Install team was friendly and professional. Highly recommended, good value.