When the heat of summer hits, it is important to remain hydrated and as cool as possible. Many people think they drink enough liquids when the harsh reality is that they do not. Cascade Energy Services provides summer air conditioning tune-up and preventative maintenance in Seattle that can keep you comfortable during the summer heat. Here are some tips on how to stay hydrated:
- Drink lots of water – How much you drink on your age and size. Make sure to drink throughout the day.
- Dehydration signs – There are signs of dehydration you can look for. Dry, itchy skin is one sign. Tiredness, headaches, and muscle cramps are other signs. Know what to look for in you and your family.
- Watch what you drink – Certain things can prevent proper hydration, even if you are often drinking. Coffee, sodas, alcohol, flavored milk, and energy drinks are not good. Anything with lots of sugar and sodium pulls water from your body.
- Eat high water content foods – 20% of your daily water content comes from food. Food with the highest water content includes watermelon, strawberries, cucumbers, and celery.
- Keep cool – Controlling your body temperature can help you stay hydrated. Wear hats, take drink breaks, and wear loose, cool clothing.
- Replenish fluids – When you sweat a lot, you are going to drink even more. Always replenish what you lose.
Did you know an air conditioner can help you stay hydrated? By keeping your home cool and regulating your body temperature, you can avoid dehydration. Mini-splits are great heat and air systems. Contact Cascade Energy Services for summer air conditioning tune-up and preventative maintenance in Seattle. You can reach us at (425) 243-0371. We can keep you cool all summer!