Most people call for help when their furnace has a problem. Sadly, routine maintenance often gets ignored. The thought is if the system is working well, no maintenance is needed, but that is not true. If you want to stay comfortable, save money on your heating bill, and avoid big problems, you need to have your furnace serviced yearly. At Cascade Energy Services, we provide furnace maintenance, service, repair, and installation in Arlington.
What is Include with Furnace Maintenance?
Basically, we check all of the furnace’s components. We then adjust, clean, test, and lubricate them if needed. Here are some of the things we do, depending on the need:
- Inspect the vent system and air intake grilles
- Check the heat exchanger for problems
- Examine and clean the motor. Test the amp draw.
- Inspect electrical connections. If needed, we tighten them and replace damaged wiring.
- Check the burner and flame sensor.
- Examine the belt.
- Lubricate the moving parts of the furnace.
- Check the air filter. Clean or replace it as needed.
- Check the system’s safety controls.
- Check the startup cycle.
– If your furnace is a gas or oil furnace, there are other steps we take as well. We will:
- Examine fuel lines for leaks
- Check the burner, gas pressure, and pilot
- Inspect the thermocouple
How Often Should My Furnace Be Serviced?
Getting your furnace serviced annually can keep it running efficiently. If air quality is important to you, it should be done two to four times a year. This would be for a home where someone has a compromised immune system or respiratory problems. The best time of year is before cold weather hits.
Contact CES at (425) 243-0371 for furnace maintenance, service, repair, and installation in Arlington and keep your home warm and cozy this year.