If you are looking for ways to make your home more energy-efficient, you might consider a tankless water heater. A traditional water heater continuously heats and re-heats water. A tankless water heater creates hot water when you need it with high powered electric coils or gas burners. Because you are only heating water when you need it, you save energy and money in the long run. At Cascade Energy Services, we provide tankless water heater repair service and installation in Sammamish.
Pros of a Tankless Water Heater
Before you purchase anything, you should know the good and bad about the product. Here are the pros of a tankless water heater:
- Hot water when you want it. No bulky units, just nice hot water practically instantly.
- One of the best things about a tankless system is they have a longer life-span than traditional models. A traditional water heater lasts approximately 10 years. A tankless can last for 20 or more.
- The system costs more to install than a standard water heater, but it pays off in the long run with lower monthly bills.
- You save space when you use a tankless water system. They can be mounted in out of the way spaces. They are perfect for small homes.
- You can also get them in gas or electric models.
Downsides of Owning a Tankless System
Everything has a downside. There aren’t many to a tankless water heating system, but there are some things you should know. Although you save money each month, it can take a while to reap the benefits because they are more expensive than a standard water heater. They do heat water instantly, but the supply isn’t limitless. But overall, these systems are an excellent choice.
If you need tankless water heater repair service and installation in Sammamish, contact Cascade Energy Services at (425) 243-0371 for more information.