It’s that time of year when the weather starts getting cooler and we bring out the sweaters. Pumpkins abound, and colored leaves are making their appearance. Fall is also the time when many folks begin turning off the air conditioners and turning on the heat. It’s also the time to schedule professional maintenance to make sure your HVAC system is ready to handle the winter heating load. Cascade Energy Services offers mini-split heat pump maintenance, service, repair, and installation in Kirkland.
How is My Mini Split System Handled?
Ductless mini-split systems will offer heating and cooling that is efficient and quiet. Because of the sophistication of the system, you want to work with an experienced HVAC company, like Cascade Energy Services, to provide the maintenance you need. Some basics are done when the technician arrives to ensure your system is operating a peak performance. These include:
- Coils – We deep clean the coils to remove contaminants and debris. Not only do they need to be cleaned to allow for proper heating and cooling, but it prevents mold and mildew from growing as well.
- Airflow – We inspect the outdoor cabinet for obstructions to airflow and clean the indoor air-handling unit (AHU) on the inside.
- Check the refrigerant – all coils, flare connections, and refrigerant lines get inspected to make sure there are no leaks.
- Drain Lines – We flush and treat the drain lines so that mold and algae do not grow. It also prevents water leaks.
- Compression – We inspect and test the components. A trained technician should only do this.
- Electrical contacts – Inspections on all the wiring and contacts get done to ensure there is no wear requiring the need for replacement.
What Can I Do to Keep My Mini-Split System Running Well?
Homeowners should clean the air filters monthly. This permits a better heat exchange and saves on your energy bill. Make sure nothing is blocking the outside cabinet, such as leaves, debris, or snow. Contact Cascade Energy Services at (425) 243-0371 for mini-split heat pump maintenance, service, repair, and installation in Kirkland.